Monday 2 April 2007

To WAHM or not to WAHM

I love being a stay at home Mum (SAHM), but I didn't realise that I have always done something creative so when I finished studying I was going nuts. I spend my days with an 18 month old WHO DOESN'T SLEEP and just wants to be involved in whatever I am doing. So by 8:30 I really need to do something for me.
My little shadow also has incredibly large thighs, so she was in Large nappies at 6 months to fit the thighs that were falling off everywhere else. Even side snaps just looked funny or hung down because the rise was way too long. So I started making my own nappies to fit her.
Now this worked for a while, but like every other creative crafty thing I have ever done, eventually you have enough. There are only so many cross-stitches you can hang on the wall, so many cushions you can use, and you really can't have candles every night when you are as blind as I am. So I started thinking - I can't be the only one out there with a weird shaped baby, can I? I feel my nappies have something unique and there are probably other people out there who would like them.

So the question is: "To WAHM or not to WAHM."

I have decided to blog my journey so other people who may be thinking the same thing can follow me, or add their ideas if they are leading the way.

2 comments:

Kat said...

Hi Deb!
I think that there is always a market for all products, especially when you are meeting a need that you found was missing!
looking forward to reading about your thoughts!

Tracy said...

Hi Deb,
Go for it :) I think you'll find there is a market out there. Good Luck