Wednesday 18 April 2007

It's all happening.

Well, things are really starting to happen.

I got the courage to send a nappy off as a tester to someone I really respect, so now it is the nerve wracking wait to see how it goes.

I have registered for an ABN and decided on a name, now I am organising a logo from another lovely WAHM, Kristie.

I have even sold some nappies! It was very exciting to make the first sale, and to know that I could produce them in the time limit.

And then today my yummy bamboo velour arrived, so I am going to get some set up tonight to paint tomorrow. Painting is one of the things I can do with my little one around, she loves helping to pin things and painting with water and mud, then she is in charge of putting rocks around the edges to stop things blowing away! The only problem is when she decides to combine the mud and the drying, which is one of the reasons most of the designs are hmmmm, abstract. She also loves the spray bottles, it is just a good thing her little hands aren't big enough to work them or we would have a house that is all lovely colours.

Now what do I have left to do:

  • Testers, testers, testers! (So if you are interested, let me know!)
  • Register the domain name.
  • Register the business name, can only be done 2 months before trading.
  • Set up the accounting programme.
  • Organise labels - after the logo is finalised.
  • Get the shop set up - after the logo.
  • Insurance.
  • Actually start building up stock :).
  • Advertising.


No comments: