Thursday 19 March 2009

Very Clever

This is such an astute use of SEO and the internet I've got to tell everyone about it! Huggalugs leg huggers are running a promotion where you get free leg warmers if you comment about them in a blog or forum. Now I only have a basic understanding of the net and marketing, but you've got several things happening here.

Firstly you have the direct impact of lots of Mums saying how wonderful these leg warmers are. Even if people know it is for a competition it has a psychological impact, plus if people think about it they know you wouldn't want something crap even if it was free (I hope!).

Secondly you have the word of mouth when they give the leg warmers out and people start wearing them, so they're seen by a wider community than just the web.

Third, you're going to swamp the search engines. While everyone is saying good things about huggalugs leg huggers in order to get them for free, every time someone googles "baby leg warmers" guess what is going to come up?

What a very clever marketing strategy. Now isn't it lucky that I really like Huggalugs leg huggers? I have several pairs that I use for my girls and they are brilliant. They are great to protect my crawler's knees, to throw in the change bag and they are soooo cute. And if you'd like to get some for free I'll let you know, unfortunately I need an email address. So PM Dash at either Nappycino or the ABA!

8 comments:

jenandchloe said...

I know what you mean, what a great marketing campaign. Plus the huggalugs leg warmers are a great product. We use them for nappy off time - warm legs and bare bottom. Works a treat. And they look groovy under a skirt on my 3 year old.

A great product all round.

Anjum Abdullah said...

they're pretty cluey!! Huggalug Leg Huggers are a funky addition to any outfit, and they are excellent at keeping little legs warm while toilet training! I hadn't heard of using them as arm huggers, but I think it's a great idea, I'll have to try it out on my daughter!

LizB said...

A great marketing tool - more powerful than any advertising...word-of-mummy-mouth!! I love Huggalugs leg huggers. My LO has 3 gorgeous pairs and they make her outfits look so cute. She is just starting to crawl and they protect her knees from scuffs and dirt. They are also a good way to keep her warm in these "in-between days" of Autumn - not so hot, but still cool. A great product!

purplegirl said...

very clever, can't wait to try out huggalugs leg warmers. the arm warmers look really funky too!

Bec said...

Yes it is smart. I think that huggalugs leg warmers are great to protect my bubs knees now that he's starting to crawl.

Bec said...

Yes it is smart. I think that huggalugs leg huggers are great to protect my bubs knees now that he's starting to crawl.



Deb I did the same on this one too, said warmers instead of huggers (mummy brain, or lack of sleep) Can you change this one too, sorry!!

nermylama said...

Ok, am I doubling up posts? Hope not, I've never posted on a blog before tonight! I want to say that Huggalug leg huggers are great for toilet training and ec-ing because Zelda can just wear them with a skirt and they are so much easier to manage than pulling stockings up and down! Really great product!

Perfect Mum said...

Wow I can't wait to try some of the Huggalugs Leg Huggers...they look like exactly what I was after when I was doing lots of nappy-free time with DD last winter! They'll keep her little leggies nice and warm and she can still go nappy-free...perfect!