Thursday 12 March 2009

Frustrating

Don't you hate it when you get all enthusiastic and ready to work and then can't? FIL is extremely ill and has been given weeks to live so we will be spending a lot of time visiting interstate. Don't get me wrong, he is a lovely person and I'm extremely upset, but that's exactly when I like to get into the sewing room and shut the door. It's wonderful to visit people in general (obviously not in these circumstances) and have the girls see all their relatives, but I hate not being in my own house.

I got one of the side snap versions done for Midget before we left so she is currently testing it. It's fitting well so far, plus it fits Widget who's three and a half. And a good friend is due any day now, I might have to borrow her little one ... I cut out another as well but didn't get a chance to sew, this one is top-stitched. I love top-stitching and want to get this one to work, but I have a terrible feeling it will wick. So we'll see next time I get to sew.

And I don't even have my normal list of ideas here to add to! So:

  • Cat silhouette on the purple minkee (girly)
  • Snow leopard with paw print.
  • Leopard face
  • Ribbon nappy
  • Spiral around shorts (boy)
  • Play capes for boys (and girls, but there's not much out there for boys!)
  • Kimono/Tie vest

No comments: