Saturday 14 February 2009

Irony

Yes, it's been a long time.

I put a lot of effort into advertising the store last year, and with a(nother!) non-sleeping baby it was a hard grind. It didn't cause fights with my husband and he was completely supportive in giving me time, but it was obvious he wasn't happy and felt I was putting too much pressure on myself.

I had a great time over Christmas, I actually got some things sewn for myself and had a ball doing things like making hair clips and scrunchies for my girls. It was so relaxing and fun to sew different things for my family. So I announced that I was going to scale back - not shut everything down, but not push it either and just let it trickle off.

The next day I got an order through one of the things I pushed last year. Then another a few days later. Then someone else when we got back home. It's not a flood, but looking at that and the stats on my website I can see that things are starting to pay off.

The store is starting to look a bit bare so I was dithering about what to sew for it, and with the GDUNH coming up I'm wary of overloading myself again. So now I've been thinking again about where I go from here, and I've come up with a bit of a plan for now.

I suppose the moral of the story is it's a marathon not a sprint. So be patient and make sure you will be able to keep going.

No comments: