Friday 1 August 2008

Being self-employed is backwards.

Bear with me while I try to explain what I mean. When I had a job there were deadlines and schedules, things were done as a result of something else. So for example I had a deadline to write reports, they were the result of the work done during the term. Or I'd have a deadline to get a unit finished, or if I was going for a job there would be a deadline on the application. And once the deadline had gone and the work was done it was over, sit back and relax.


WAHMing means I set my own deadline and put my own pressure, then sit back and hope. I've just spent a really intense week because I wanted to get my new fitted nappies up in my store, plus I wanted to re-open on WAHMania. So I've been working past midnight and I'm exhausted. But I don't have anything to show for it, and it isn't the end, it's the beginning. Now I have to see if any orders come out of it. Plus I can't sit back, I have to get on the advertising roundabout and tell everyone they're there. So blogging, forums, newsletters and I want to start writing articles as well.

So here's today's bit of advertising :)

The back of a painted bamboo velour fitted.
The front of one with a quilting cotton outer, showing the bamboo velour in the wet zone.
The fit of a natural velour on my toddler. She's having a ball being a model for me!
Another painted one just 'cos I like it.

2 comments:

Allison said...

Ohhh... they look sooo snuggly wuggly. To bad they don't come in mommy sizes. lol

Allison

Deb said...

Actually I do custom adult nappies :) I can be contacted through www.waggleweekids.com