Tuesday 4 September 2007

Re-stocking

Well that took a lot longer than I thought. Just lots of things happening, so it took me a lot longer to get them sewn than it has. A few silly mistakes as well which slowed things down.

DH has come up with a good suggestion. He has made us a timetable for our work times, family times, times with DD etc. This tells me how long I have every week to spend on the store. I then work out how long it takes to make an individual nappy. This is a bit tricky because I make them in batches, but I can make a batch of 7 or so easily in a week (or at least I can normally). So my target is to make 5 every week, no matter what I sell. This gives me a bit of time left over to do other things like admin, and hopefully if I stick to something like this I won't get caught again. Of course, it would be nice to be selling more than this :) but I don't really want that pressure at the moment. Maybe later!

My other big news is that I have a store on WAHMania. I am doing the admin stuff at the moment, hopefully it will be ready to be activated on Friday. At the moment it will just have stock from the store, but I also have some nice fabrics I am playing with and would like to get at least one special nappy done for the opening.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Hi Deb ( dash) Thought I'd pop over and have a read. Great to hear you've got a large order!! Way to go!
I enjoy reading your blog and catching up with what you're doing. I'm hopeing after bub arrives we'll be in Tennant for a visit and be able to meet in real life.
Dh goes up once every few weeks by plane and just a small bag :). So if you want anything brought up from south give me an email and I'll see what I can arrange.
Take care
Tracy