Thursday 23 August 2007

All's right with the world

Well, DH came and got us so we are all together again :). It makes such a difference.

And everything is starting to come together, I think I have sorted out the non-payer (the old exploding computer trick (now I come to think of it, half of you will be too young to remember Get Smart)). I got a big order which has just about cleaned me out, she ordered a nappy before and I was about to email and ask how it was going when another order came through, so I guess it must be working! So I am back to sewing nappies, which is nice. I wasn't sure how long it would take before I needed to re-stock.

You know the feeling - should I be saying "I've been open a couple of weeks and I've sold this many! Yay!" or "I've been open a couple of weeks and I've only sold this many :(." After the big order, I'll go with the Yay!

Getting the hooded towels sorted as well, so I will be able to add them to the site and get another newsletter out to my subscribers, then I have to decide what to work on next - is it getting too late for the sleepsacks, with the time needed for testing, should I get the sunhats and clothes going instead? Oh, and then there's the accounts I couldn't do while we were away, I have a huge pile of receipts to sort through. Sewing nappies is much more fun.

2 comments:

Nat said...

Hi there, I just found your blog via the link you have on the ABA forum, which I'm not a member of yet but am thinking about joining. Anyway, I'm very excited to see that you have links to websites that promote lots of parenting methods which appeal to me (co-sleeping, EC, etc), and I see you're starting up your own business doing cloth nappies too. I haven't read much of your blog yet but I'll be back! Good luck with your business, you might even get some of mine as I am very keen to make the switch to cloth now that my LO is nearly 12 weeks old. (So sick of using disposables!)

Nat said...

Well, a couple of hours later and I've read through your whole blog. Must say I am very impressed. I had no idea how much hard work running your own business like that could be, so thanks for the insights! Now I just gotta check out your website...